HAVE PEN ~ WILL TRAVEL
Robert Banfelder is an award-winning novelist, outdoors writer, TV show host, senior editor of Broadwater Books, former journalist and "gifted" college English instructor. The following professional services are offered for writers of all levels. E-mail or phone (631) 369-3192 to discuss your requirements. Select the service or services that fill your needs.
- Manuscript Evaluation: Free for the first ten (10) pages.
- Manuscript Word Processing (from legibly handwritten [script or print] document): Fee ~ $1.50/page
- Scanning/Formatting (from typed, hard copy document): Fee ~ $1.00/page
- Tutoring: $100 hour on premises; off premises (East End of Long Island proximity) travel time ~ additional fee. Contact for rates.
- Home Study Writing Course: The Art of of Writing Fiction & Nonfiction ~ A 14-lesson tutorial [all levels]: Fee ~ $99 (see description below under Workshops: Home Study Writing Course)
- **Manuscript Copyediting: Fee ~ $4.50 to $9.50/page based on your writing skills determined by copyediting needed via Free Manuscript Evaluation.
(Manuscript submission format: 81/2" x 11", double-spaced, one-inch all-around margins)
- Proof (hard) copy of edited manuscript, final edited (hard) copy, and computer disk copy: Fee ~ $25
- Cover Design: Contact for rates
- Upload Manuscript to Amazon for print and/or e-book: Fee determined by scope of project. Contact for rates.
**A copyedit will polish your prose where necessary. This includes a professional comprehensive editing covering and correcting grammar, spelling, subject/verb agreement, punctuation, run-ons, comma splices, fragments, syntax, repetition, transitions, chapter breaks, et cetera. The edit involves a word-by-word, line-by-line, second then third proofreading. Upon completion, you will receive a polished digital and printed copy of your manuscript—ready for publication.
Once your work is ready for publication, we can upload your manuscript to the Amazon Web site so that paperback copies are available. Additonally, your book can be published as an e-book on Amazon. There is no need for folks to purchase an e-reader such as a Kindle or a Nook. E-books can be read on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, et cetera by downloading the application (app).
Important Note: There’s an age-old adage that “If it seems too good to be true, it probably isn’t true.” Well, the services and fees stated above are, indeed, true. Instead of laying out thousands of dollars to have your work set up professionally in print, you can now accomplish your goal for far less, especially if you do not need copyediting at $4.50 to $9.50 per page. Many editing services charge up to $16.50 per page. We have witnessed poor to mediocre editing services that charge big bucks. If you elect to go with us, you will receive a truly professional package for an unbeatable price. Do your due diligence and research this arena before making a definitive decision.
Do you want to see what your e-book will look like? My managing editor and publicist, Donna Derasmo, and I went the e-book route after working with traditional print publishers for over twenty years. My latest thriller titled Knots is available through the previously mentioned Web sites for $4.99. Again, there is no need to purchase an e-reader such as a Kindle or a Nook. E-books can be read on your PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone, et cetera by downloading the application (app).
Tutoring Services and Workshops
Fiction (novels, novellas, novelettes, short stories); Nonfiction (articles, essays, book-length projects)
MIDDLE SCHOOL ~ HIGH SCHOOL ~ COLLEGE LEVEL
Workshops may be tailored to specific areas of concentration. Sample topics include:
- Beginners' Writing Workshop
- Intermediate Writing Workshop
- Advanced Writing Workshop
- All-day Seminars available
- Home Study Writing Course: The Art of Writing Fiction & Nonfiction ~ A 12-lesson tutorial [all levels]: Fee ~ $99